Post of Accounts Officer/Senior Accounts Officer
MAURITIUS MUSEUMS COUNCIL
Mauritius Institute Building, Chaussée, Port Louis
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as Accounts Officer/Senior Accounts Officer in the Mauritius Museums Council.
Candidates, unless already in the Public Service, should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
1. A Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained on one certificate or Passes not below grade “C” in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Board.
2. A Cambridge Higher School Certificate with passes at Principal Level in two subjects including Mathematics or Accounting obtained on one certificate or passes in two subjects including Mathematics or Accounting obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
3. A Diploma in Accountancy from a recognised institution or a pass at Foundation Stage (Complete) of the ACCA Examinations or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Board.
At least two years’ experience in a similar position either in the public or private sector.
1. To be responsible for the general administration of the financial system and to advise on
financial and accounting business, including stores accounting.
2. To compile schedules and information required for the preparation of statutory reports,
annual estimates and final accounts.
4. To review reconciliation and ensure smooth follow-up of outstanding items, i.e. bank
reconciliation statement, prompt banking and payment.
5. To prepare payroll and examine vouchers before payments.
6. To verify all accounting statements produced for statutory purpose and management.
7. To report on all internal audit matters and deficiencies and to propose remedial action.
8. To ensure proper safeguard and banking of revenue collected.
9. To monitor allocated budget for each item.
10. Exercise financial control over the purchase of goods and services, use of plant and
equipment, and the handling of cash and stores.
11. To look after the Council’s banking arrangements.
12. To follow up on procurement of goods and services.
13. To arrange for junior staff to be provided with appropriate training.
14. To use ICT in the performance of his duties, as and when required.
15. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to
the delivery of the output and results expected from the Accounts Officer/Senior Accounts
Officer in the roles ascribed to him.
Appointment in a temporary capacity in the grade carries salary at the flat rate of Rs 22,575 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
The Permanent and Pensionable post of Accounts Officer/Senior Accounts Officer carries salary in scale Rs 22575 x 625 – 23200 x 775 – 32500 x 925 – 37125 x 1225 – 40800 x 1525 – 43850.
Mode of Application:
Application forms are available at the Mauritius Museums Council, Mauritius Institute Building, Chaussée, Port Louis from Monday to Friday between 9.00 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. and same could also be downloaded from the Mauritius Museums Council’s Website http://www.mauritiusmuseums.mu
Application forms, duly filled in, should be forwarded to the Director, Mauritius Museums Council, Mauritius Institute Building, Chaussée, Port Louis not later than 3.30 p.m. on 17 November 2020.
1. Applications not made on prescribed form will not be considered. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
2. The Mauritius Museums Council reserves the right not to fill the vacancy as a result of this advertisement. Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview.
3. Please insert the note “Accounts Officer/Senior Accounts Officer” on the right hand side corner of your envelope.
22 October 2020